Saturday, November 11, 2017

The Extent of Liberty












September 24, 2017

As a white male, it is difficult for me to lecture anyone on whether or not they’re feeling oppressed. And there is little shortage of opinion on the matter today. The near ubiquity of our view, however, to the realities of life for many paints in stark relief how arbitrarily fortunate some of us are, and so weighs a responsibility upon us to stand for those who cannot rise themselves. We should all value a nation where these conversations are possible – at least for the moment. In the words of a prescient founding father, "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." Indeed. And so I’ll gratefully bow my head and bend my knee to our Lord and to our country, and nothing else. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment